|St. Paul Lutheran Church
|Copyright © 2007
|The St. Paul Lutheran congretation had its beginning in 1892 as a branch school for the St. John Lutheran
congregation in the German Settlement south of Marysville. The congregation was formally chartered in 1893 with 26
families consisting of 117 people. A church was built in 1902 to house the growing congregation. Prior to 1902 the
congregation worshipped in the school building. The current church was built between 1963 and 1964. The old
building was razed in 1963 to make room for the new building. The congregation is still thriving in the Chuckery
community, supporting a school and a recently added preschool.