|REED COVERED BRIDGE
This bridge was built by Reuben Partridge in
1884 over the Big Darby Creek. In 1963 it
was bypassed by a new SR 38 bridge. This
bridge collapsed into the creek on August
19, 1993 during talks on its preservation.
|BIGELOW COVERED BRIDGE
This bridge, also called the Axe-Handle
Bridge, is located over the Little Darby
Creek on Axe-Handle Road. Built in 1873
and renovated in 1990, it was named to
honor the Bigelow Family.
|Union County Bridges
|CULBERSON COVERED BRIDGE
This bridge was originally located near
Howe which was on present-day State
Route 36 about two miles south of Milford
Center. It is now on Winget Road over
Treacle Creek. It was built in 1868.
|Please visit the
Ohio Byway Site!
|Copyright © 2008
|POTTERSBURG COVERED BRIDGE
Originally located on North Lewisburg
Road, this bridge was moved to its current
location off of Inskeep-Cratty Road in
2006. This bridge was built in 1868.
|SPAIN CREEK COVERED BRIDGE
Spanning 64 feet over Spain Creek, a
tributary to Big Darby Creek, the Spain
Creek Bridge was built in 1870. It is
located in Allen Township in Union County.
It was renovated in 1989.
|Please click on any of these pictures for more information on that bridge.
|STRENG ROAD IRON TRUSS BRIDGE
This bridge spans 200 feet over the Big
Darby Creek on Streng Road. It was built
in 1914 to replace a bridge that washed out
in 1913. Renovated in 1993, it has the
distinction of being an Ohio Historic Bridge.
|NORTH LEWISBURG ROAD
Built between 2006 and 2007, this bridge
replaced the Pottersburg Bridge on Morth
Lewisburg Road. This bridge was formally
dedicated on June 21, 2007.
|BUCK RUN ROAD COVERED BRIDGE
The Buck Run Road Bridge was erected to
replace an old iron bridge over Big Darby
Creek. It was built in 2006. It was
dedicated on June 21, 2007 as a part of
the new Big Darby Plains Scenic Byway.
|**THIS IS A LINK TO A PAGE WITHIN THIS SITE.**